6.05.2009

Went to some garage sales this morning. The local paper made a big to-do about how there were so many of them this weekend. 24, I think they said it was. That's way up there in "city-wide garage sales" territory. However, as it turned out, less than half of them were actually going on. There wasn't shit to be found at any of them.

Well, I shouldn't say that. I saw a sweet Fostex 4-Track cassette studio that looked to be in excellent shape. But there was no AC adapter. I don't even know how you can find one of those. Plus, I don't have an electric guitar or really any instrument that could be plugged into it. Okay, maybe my bass guitar. But who wants to make 4 track recordings using just a bass? I don't know...maybe that might have been interesting. But no AC cord. I probably should have bought it...only $5.00. Maybe I should go back and see if it's still there. Those things are so outdated. But Springsteen used one to record the demos that eventually wound up as "Nebraska", so...

Okay. I'm going back right now.

No comments: