6.05.2009

Woopee! It was still there! Five bucks for this baby! So what if it doesn't have an adapter...of course the first thing I did before I bought it was to ask if there was an adapter with it. Lady said no, that was why she was selling the thing so cheap. It's probably very hard to find one, and for all I know they are a pricey item. But never mind. Even if I never get one it's still cool to have this sucker. I wanted one so bad when they first came on the market. Now they are pretty much obsolete. This one appears to be in excellent condition, like it hasn't been used much at all. Very likely someone bought it and decided it wasn't worth the time to learn how to use it properly.

No, I don't really have any instruments other than my bass guitar to record. But now that I think about it, my son's piano would work. Not much of a piano player or I would be more excited about that. I can use it in burning cassettes to CD, so there's something else I can do with it.

FIVE DOLLARS!

btw...if any of you reading this happen to have an 11V-15V adapter that you can spare, let me know.

Update 6/28/09...my son actually found an AC adapter for this. Don't ask me where, I thought I'd searched the whole house. The input levels sounded pretty bad until I flicked the line switch several times in a row. That seemed to clear up the noise. Unfortunately the deck will not play or record. Most likely it's got a bad head. I don't know how I'd go about getting it fixed or how much it might cost. So I guess for now it can be an artifact.

No comments: