2.24.2009

3 "Snow White 8 Ball" reviews for ya

Whoopee! I got not one but two "Snow White 8 Ball" reviews today. Another one came in yesterday but I didn't get around to posting it, so here are three, each one exhibiting varied degrees of enthusiasm for the song.

c'mon
A little spacey. Reminds me of The Happy Mondays. I like the breakdown but it seems a bit too monotonous. I think a guitar solo or some nice string arrangements would help this.

[Sure, I'll hire a string quartet. That ought to put it over the top. I can afford it, right?]


Interesting mood
Interesting mood but needs to move into a song or something other than a sound track.

[Possibly the shortest review I've received thus far. I'm sorry it didn't sound like a "song"...I tried to give it some structure. I have written a couple of these pieces that DID resemble soundtracks, but I don't think this is one.]


Ronny D
Ronny D is bleeding in his ears. Ronny D ain't no disco boy, man. Ronny D do dig the indian vibe this song gots going fer it. Ronny D likes mystical choirs and angelic voices. Ronny D thinks the drums should be brought down though as they hide the beauty of the voices. Ronny D likes the subtle manipulation culminating around 2:30 but thinks the voices are too pretty to hide!

Rock it like Ronny!

[Uhhh...okay. Jimmy C thinks Ronny D may have been shooting for a "most original review" award. Original, indeed, but too annoying to get extra credit. At least he seems to like it, and I am thrilled that someone appereciates the Sigur Ros vocal loop I dropped in the middle of the song (the voices Ronny D thinks are "too pretty to hide"). Jimmy C thinks Ronny D is intent on subliminally embedding his name into the subconscious of Jimmy C. The fact that Ronny D uses "Ronny D" as the reviews name would tend to suggest that Ronny D is pretty full of himself.

Rock it like Ronny, indeed!

Oh, yeah...before I go. Yesterday I lamented that the song had fallen from #79 to #91 on the Experimental Rock charts. I held out hope, however, that it would creep back up soon enough, and so it has. It stands at #76 at the moment, which is it's highest ranking so far.

No comments: