5.16.2008

agenda for the day

Plans for the day:

Burn a few CDs from my PANDORA stations...especially Pan American Radio. There's so much good stuff there that I will surely buy some of it soon, so I don't feel too guilty burning it for now.

I'm gonna watch "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" just to see if Philip Seymour Hoffman is as good here as he was in "Charlie Wilson's War".

Then I'm going to attend my son's performance at his middle school talent show. He's singing a song by The Fray called "How to Save a Life". I can't say that I've ever particularly liked the song. Now that he's sang it at least 150 times while practicing I can assure you that if I HAD liked it before, I would no longer. Still, it's not about the song. It's the performance and the performer. So I am sure I'll enjoy myself.

I'm going to try and read a decent sized chunk of Robert Jordan's 5th Wheel of Time book, "The Fires of Heaven". My eye problems of late have kept me from reading for long periods of time, and consequently it takes much longer to finish a book. This is frustrating, because there are so many books I want to read. The hope is that when my disability benefits start to come I can see a different optometrist and get fitted with some better glasses. I'll never see my old doctor again, that's for sure.

If I don't forget, I'm going to suggest that we eat at the new Mexican place in town, Juana's. The last Mexican restaurant which used that building failed miserably, closing down in little over 6 months from opening. I hope this new one is good, both in the food and the service (the latter of which probably was the downfall of the prior tenants). We desperately need another dining choice in this small town. If it's going to succeed, though, it will have to gain a good reputation and bring in people from the surrounding towns, because I highly doubt that our economy here can support it alone.

Haven't decided what to do after that. Maybe watch another movie with the wife, give her a foot rub. I swear she seems to prefer foot rubs to sex, but I'm hoping to give her another chance to choose between the two tonight.

No comments: