12.11.2007

A dark inconvenience

Living in Oklahoma has been a real inconvenience the last couple of days, as a serious ice storm has crippled the state and our house has been without power for the most part of two days. This is not so bad in itself...I would like to think that I'm not entirely dependent upon electricity, but it is the little things that you miss when the lights go out.

No computer/internet. As I write I am sitting in the warm comfort of the public library, with it's superior computer and faster connection speed (we have DSL, but obviously a cable connection is superior). Even this is not something I want to be attached to, but I've been working on a song using my son's new Acid Music Studio program, and I'm just nearly ready to wrap it up. No can do without the computer.

No electricity for electric stove, hence no hot meals. Which wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the fact that everything we have in the refrierator and cupboards right now is stuff that has to be cooked. I am dearly hoping that power will be restored by the time we leave this library because my stomach is growling.

No XM radio. I could live without the television. The cable has been out anyway. But it hurts to do without the XM.

Darkness at night, not enough light in the day with which to read. Misery.

But I must sign off now, as I don't know when I will be kicked off of this library computer.