6.03.2010

Tuesday night I had another health-related scare. I was watching WWE Smackdown on Hulu when all of a sudden my head gets kind of tingly...I know, it sounds like I'm setting up some dumb joke. But no, this was real enough. I began to feel a warmth in my head flowing down into my body as it heated up. Next thing you know my skin has turned an unsettling shade of red. There's a pressure I can feel all over me, and I immediately thought it might have something to do with my blood pressure. My wife checked and it was at 150/90, which is pretty doggone high, but I don't know if it's high enough to produce the kind of sensation I was experiencing. Then I started to shiver and shake, exactly like I did when I had the serious chest pains about a half a year ago. It was as if I had a high fever, you know, the way you get the chills, but the wife felt my forehead and said it wasn't warm at all. So I don't know. It settled down a few minutes into it, as I tried to relax and breath. I'd hoped it was a one-time thing (duh!) but yesterday afternoon a little bit of the tingling came back. I felt uncommonly warm at one point while I was with Bryan at the studio. I was a little worried, but nothing came of it. So far today I've been okay. I can't imagine what it could be. The onset of diabetes? I have experienced some circulation problems in my legs lately. I had eaten a ton of Starburst candies before it happened. Or maybe my hypertension acting up? I don't know, but I'm sick of being reminded of just how mortal I am.

No comments: