4.29.2010

"First Thought It Felt"

From Bipolar Confessional...

"First Thought It Felt"

Do you remember how you first thought it felt?

Forget it
Let it go
It doesn't feel like that anymore
If feels hard and cold
Slick almost slimey
Not your promised spirit
Only thick metal
Unyielding to the touch
No longer judging
No longer fighting
No more bitterness
A blunt weapon of defense
Forget it, won't you please just let it go

I was asleep
But I thought I was awake
I thought I could hear
Deep music, but only in my dream
So the music must have came
From the other side

I stand...amazed and confused
Almost frightened
They keep falling and they keep burning
They kept falling and they kept on burning
And I stand consuming it all
Taking it all in, like nasty medicine
I saw Thor's hammer swinging down from
Heaven
Smashing the castle, falling down
Explode into ash and dust
I peer into this tortured memory
I see the how and I see the why
I see it all
And I know it for what it is
Mercury's Angel opened my eyes and
Revealed this new covenant of YHWH
Sealed in the blood of believers and bastards
Enlighten together the smart and the dumb
He say, "Get him down, off of that that cross"

No comments: