3.22.2010


There was a 3.7 magnitude earthquake here last night. I've never experienced one, so it was kind of freaky. Like a bomb exploding from far off. I was listening to music, folding laundry when I heard a bit of a rumble...probably would have noticed it more had not the stereo been turned up as loud as it was. The laundry basket on the bed shook and I immediately realized that it had been an earthquake. I walked out of the room and the wife was walking down the hall to see if I'd felt it.

There have been a couple others in the area, but I missed the last decent sized quake that hit this town...I was in OKC watching "Avatar" in the IMAX theater when it happened. Let me tell you, it's cool but it's also quite frightening. I can only imagine what the people of Haiti and Chile have gone through with such powerful earthquakes.

No comments: