6.07.2009

I was looking at my Facebook page earlier and noticed that there weren't a lot of Bible verses and "inspirational" quips in the status reports as there were until recently. The bulk of them (if not all) came from a girl I went to school with. That was really the only reason I had her in my friends queue. No doubt it's the reason I was in hers as well. So I checked and, lo and behold, she had abdicated my friends list.

At first I was kind of mad. I thought that for sure she had been offended by something I'd said there. I figured she was being judgmental, as so many Christians I know and have known can be.

I checked MySpace, where she is also in my friends queue. Gone from there, too.

Then I did a search of her name in Facebook...gone. Same with MySpace. Gone.

So I don't know. I came to the conclusion that I was the one being judgmental and hypocritical. I don't know why she's no longer listed as my friend. It's even weirder that she seems to have disabled both her Facebook and MySpace profiles altogether. I guess it was kind of self-centered of me to assume that she'd left because of something I may have said or done.

We weren't close at all, and yeah, her religious fanaticism got on my nerves. But I hope she's okay.

No comments: