3.09.2009

"Snow White 8 Ball" review

I'm not real sure of how garageband's review system works, but I would think that if a song gets several reviews it must be getting voted as the better of the two review pairs. That would be nice, were it the case. For I have received quite a few for "Snow White 8 Ball".

I got one a couple of days ago that wasn't exactly positive, but for some reason it doesn't show up in the songs review list. The gist was that there was very little "musical" value to the piece. Obviously written by an old schooler. He definitely had no business reviewing in the "experimental rock" genre.

Then there's the one I just got. The reviewer liked the song for the most part, but I think she has embedded coded meanings into her assessment:

techno
I think you should extend that intro, it could've sounded really unique. This sounds too weird as it is. I like the beat but there's an odd sound you have looped that doesn't fit the song. This goes away for about a minutes and then comes back at 4:20...

"Comes back at 4:20"? 420? Perhaps I am reading too much into it, but I would bet that this gal is saying that the song sounds much better under the influence of marijuana.

And so he would be right.



No comments: