1.29.2009

I filled out this list of "25 Things About Me" for Facebook, but I am so inept at this point at how things work there that I decided to hold off and just print them here for now. It's been a long time since I did the last one (which, I'm sure, can be found somewhere on this blog), so hey hey, here we go.

1. I have a perfectly realistic understanding of just how difficult I am to get along with.

2. I believe there is much theological significance in the effects of anaesthesia.

3. My ears ring constantly. The best I can do is distract myself. I believe there is great theological significance in this as well.

4. If a random blood test were done on me today it would show, among other things, a significant percentage of Dr. Pepper. No, I do not find any theological significance in this.

5. When I was 14 my mom and dad would go out dancing. They wouldn't get home until 2:00 am so they left me and my brother two Fox DeLuxe pizzas and a six-pack of Coke each and we would stay up as long as we could watching Saturday Night Live and The Uncanny Film Festival. I am almost positive we had more fun doing this than our parents ever had dancing.

6. As a result of being an outcast most of my life I have a strong aversion to anything that reaches a certain level of popularity.

7. I have never put much stock in the old saying that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Uncontrollable wildfires are worth fearing. So are tsunamis. And Godzilla.

8. I get really, really pissed off when there is not fresh pizza on the all-you-can-eat buffet. You settle for what little is up there and wait for something fresh to come along. It doesn't but you want to get your money's worth so you eat a little more of the pizza that was already there when you arrived. Then just as you get up to leave (or have eaten so much that your gullet is stuffed) they'll put out not only fresh pizzas, but all your favorite kinds.

9. I have no desire to travel anywhere outside of the continental United States, except for Iceland.

10. I love my laptop and I will kill for it. Unless the Internet is down. Even then...

11. I have a son-in-law and two grandchildren who I've never met.

12. I love the house my family lives in right now and have no desire to live anywhere else, be it mansion or castle.

13. I have seen Sigur Ros in concert twice. My son accompanied me the second time. Tornadoes blew over the theater but no one knew or cared. I have resolved to see them every time they play within a three state radius of Oklahoma. Make that a FOUR state radius.

14. I have AT LEAST 30 Sigur Ros concerts that I've downloaded over the last year.

15. I am very likely the only 46 year old you'll ever meet who thinks Sigur Ros is better than the Beatles.

16. I really believe that the Internet is the greatest argument for postmodernism that ever needs to be made.

17. As a result of several unique and often bizarre situations I have come to the conclusion that there is such a thing as deja vu.

17. As a result of several unique and often bizarre situations I have come to the conclusion that there is such a thing as deja vu.

17. As a result of several unique and often bizarre situations I have come to the conclusion that there is such a thing as deja vu.

17. As a result of several unique and often bizarre situations I have come to the conclusion that there is such a thing as deja vu.

17. As a result of several unique and often bizarre situations I have come to the conclusion that there is such a thing as deja vu.

18. One time I was working behind the counter at a Love's convenience store and this guy came in to pay for some gas. As he walked through the door he had his hand in his pocket reaching for his cash. When he pulled it out a big bag of marijuana fell to the floor. I'll never forget the look on his face.

19. When I worked at CD Warhouse I was always amazed by the number of hip-hop/rap CDs that got ripped off. Probably 10 to 1 over any other genre.

20. In the eighth grade my best friend and I used to pretend we were drug dealers. This is no lie. We'd put flour and sugar in plastic sandwich bags, take them to school and pretend to sell them to each other. We were abnormally obsessed with the movie "Super Fly". Surprisingly neither one of us used "real" drugs throughout the entirety of our high school days.

21. That same friend and I used to hide out in a vacant room on the second floor of the school building every day during PE. It is disturbing now, when I think back on it, to consider that no one seemed to know or care that we were regularly ditching a class.

22. That same friend told me that Bela Lugosi was his uncle and that he was also in some way related to Boris Karloff. This impressed me immensely because I was all into old monster movies before I got turned on to "Super Fly".

23. I would love to be a member of a nudist colony.

24. I currently subscribe to Esquire, Wired, Vanity Fair and Rolling Stone.

25. My browser's bookmark toolbar currently displays the following: Yahoo Mail, Blogger, MySpace, Facebook, Sedaka, RS.Com Castaways, Garageband, Last.fm, Pandora Radio, Wolfgang's Vault, Allmusic, Allmovie, Spirit Library & Speakeasy Internet connection speed test. Isn't that awesome?

No comments: