10.25.2008

The end of an era approaches...After 5 years of enjoying XM satellite radio I am going to sacrifice it for a faster broadband connection. It's okay, I got my money's worth, that's for sure. But I have come to the point where I want to listen to a lot more internet radio than has been possible with the slow buffering periods that come with a slower connection. I practically avoid YouTube because they load so slowly. Same with the videos that show up when I'm stumbling. Not to mention Hulu. Lot's of old time TV memories there if my connection speed was only fast enough.

I'll continue to display the XM icons/links on the sidebar here, if only because I still recommend the service. I don't doubt that there will come a day in the maybe not so distant future when I will activate my account again, when the financial situation settles in a little bit here. And most likely we could make the upgrade without having to give up the XM even now. But I rarely listen to it anymore. I can't justify spending fifteen bucks a month on something I don't even use while I could invest the same money into something I WILL.

No comments: