5.28.2008

We went to the DHS office yesterday. I'm not even sure of why we were there. I keep myself in a constant state of unawareness when it comes to matters of such importance. You can call that "irresponsible"...I call it a concentrated effort to avoid another psychotic episode. You see, my stress tolerance is pretty damned low. When it reaches the breaking point, so do I. It can't be helped...if it could, don't you think I would have already done something about it? If not, well, you don't know me, do you?

Regardless of WHY we where there, it was nothing but a long wait for my son and I. We read for most of that time. Then we entered into a conversation concerning the likelihood of having lunch at Pizza Hut. Personally, I love Pizza Hut. Their pizza is always good. Even if the salad bar isn't as well stocked as others, they DO have the absolute best ranch dressing on the planet. I don't even like ranch anymore, but Pizza Hut's is the exception.

Alas, Bryan is fed up with the Hut. I've dragged him there so many times that he's sick of it and has developed a severe distaste for the food (or so he says...I have to wonder, though...). I will concede that the last time we went to a Pizza Hut we had bad service. There have been two or three instances of shoddy service, indeed. But as I see it, when an issue such as this arises in reference to a restaurant CHAIN, the particular location/franchise should be boycotted, not the whole chain. I'm okay with that. But apparently, as far as Bryan is concerned, the "Pizza Hut" name has been smeared by the incompetence of some lazy waitress.

We wound up eating at Taco Tico. The food there is pretty good, but the cool thing is that they have an old Johnny Kneumonic (sp?) pinball machine. Any chance I can get to play a pinball game is going to be taken, and I whipped this one's ass. I won 2 free games and the point count was astronomical.

No comments: