4.20.2008

recording session

Just came back from Tecumseh. Another recording session with Jeff. Although the recording rarely gets done, since we have a tendency to shoot the shit as soon as I get there. Today was a little different...we did try to record a couple of songs. The first one was accidentally erased. I never went back to that one ("Lord of the Flies"). Instead I decided to try an oldie written in the late 90s when I was jamming around with Baldi. It's called "You and Me". It has a subtle Nick Drake sound to it. But luck be not with us, and I was never satisfied with what we put down. So we scratched that one, too.

Basically I came home with abslolutely nothing to show for 4 hours of recording. Thank God I'm using a home studio...I would never be able to afford a professional one, what with all the screw-ups and the (often mistaken) assurance that "I can do that one better."

Nevertheless, I did have a good time.

I was late getting around, though, because my attention had become diverted by a song I was mixing on the Acid Music program. No matter how I try, once I get started there's just no getting me off. It's too much fun. I experiment with vocal samples and I never know what it's going to sound like till I play it back. Sometimes it yields strikingly nice results.

I'll post a link to it when I get it done and uploaded to SoundClick.

No comments: