9.16.2007

...a short sabbatical, a rest for my eyes.

I'm going to take a short sabbatical from posting here...actually it will be a break from all computer activity. I don't know how long it will last, it will all depend on my eyes.

Y'see, what with some severe allergies, new prescription glasses and the excessive time I've been spending in front of this computer's monitor, my eyes are just about shot. I've been taking allergy pills, and they seem to work to an extent.

As for the stronger prescription, that will hopefully just be matter of getting used to them. Don't know how long that will be.

The computer use, though I don't know to what extent it is a culprit in all this, needs to be regulated somewhat anyway. A lot of it is typing practice. I imagine some of it is just age. Plus, it's probably not good to start out the day online, blogging, message boarding, that sort of thing, for a few hours at a time. That's got to change. An hour a day on the computer should be adequate. That is my goal.

So I guess I'll see you in a few days. In the meantime, the archives are always here. This would be a good time to explore them, I suppose. If you've a mind to.

And the YouTube music video links in the sidebar are awesome...viddy those while I'm gone.

Peace
John Denver Lives!