8.17.2007

Boss, Bugaloos and an apology of sorts.




New album, "Magic", in stores October 2, 2007.

Need I say more?


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


In regards to yesterday's "Madonna's gendercide" post...

As it turned out, the guy who told me about the quote didn't appreciate my little write-up. Of course he is one of those guys who believe that Madonna can do no wrong and gets a bit miffed whenever anyone slags her.

After re-reading it I decided that it does tend to lean towards mean-spiritedness at times. But the overall effect was designed to elicit a chuckle from all of those who can't stand her (myself included). As I told the Madonna disciple, my writing on this blog has taken a less-than-serious turn lately and anyone who has bothered to keep up with it for the last few days will testify to the truth of that statement.

So if I offended anyone with anything I wrote in the last post, I'm sorry.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Talk about a blast from the past! I was 8 years old when The Bugaloos were on TV, flying through the sky with their bugaloo wings and singing happy songs. Had I been a little bit older I would have fallen in love with Joy (played by Caroline Ellis).

Yeah, looking at it now, 37 years later, of course it's pretty goofy. I'm sure 8-year-olds of today will see a similar goofiness in The Doodlebops and The Wiggles when they hit the 45 year mark.

For those of you old enough to remember, there's this, and you can find several other Bugaloos videos on YouTube:

THE BUGALOOS


And look...they even have a website!

BUGALOOS.COM


My inner child is ecstatic right now!