6.20.2007

Shameless plug for my other blog, etc..


As I pointed out in the last post, the photoblog I once maintained is no more (I just got tired of waiting for the folks at "ARTnews" to call and offer me a 5 page spread featuring my "intriguing" work). As awesome as it was, I've only had a couple of people express any remorse for it's passing.
Even though that one is kaput, I thought I'd let you all know that my OTHER blog, Bipolar Confessional is still up and running, even if it doesn't get updated very often. Regardless, it is a treasure trove of poetry and song lyrics from the mind of yours truly. The kind of blog that you want to spend some time with, plowing through the archives, savoring every word.
Okay, maybe that's exaggerating a little bit.
Still I hope you'll pay a visit sometime. Remember, it's Bipolar Confessional.


Speaking of "ARTnews", I'm a bit miffed at them...only a bit, mind you, I still think their magazine is excellent.
But you see, it's like this...a couple of months ago I bought the May 2007 issue at Barnes & Noble. I've always enjoyed it, and this issue was no exception.
So a few weeks later I decided to subscribe (their subscription rates are a real value compared to buying it in the stores). I sent 'em my money and figured they'd begin my subscription with the June issue, after all it was almost June when I first put the check in the mail.
So anyway, this morning I check the mail and I notice that there's a magazine in there, and I knew it couldn't have been "Esquire", which is the only other one that I subscribe to right now. "Yippee!", I thought, "My first issue of 'ARTnews'!"
I pull it out of the box, and DAMN! It's the May issue that I already had, the one I took the card out of to subscribe with. What the hell is that all about?
I'm hoping that it's like a complimentary issue, surely they know that I've already got that one, because the June issue had to have come out by the time they got my order (as the photo above demonstrates, it HAS come out...maybe I'll get it in a few days---NOTE: apparently they've deleted the photo I had of the June issue cover...as to who THEY are...well, who knows. BTW, I DID get my June issue...the very next day). Then again, I don't know why I'm bitching. I plan on renewing the subscription when it expires anyway.

Finally, if you've got Yahoo Widgets (and if you have the same eccentric, esoteric tastes that I do) check out Radio Sai. It's basically all Hindu sacred music, chanting, and Vedic teaching.
I am a Christian but I have to say that I have always been interested in the Hindu religion. Maybe it all stems from the whole George Harrison connection...I mean, how many times can you listen to "Within You Without You" and not be curious about the belief system that inspired it? To be honest, a lot of their teaching resonates with me. I seriously considered becoming a Hare Krishna devotee several years back. That didn't happen, as I always knew that I believed in Jesus Christ. Still I think that there's nothing terribly wrong with a love for the Vedic traditions, even if I don't embrace all of them.
I love the stuff on Radio Sai. Do a search in the Widget gallery and download if it sounds like something you would enjoy. I do...I listen to it every time I'm on the computer (yep, even right now!).
(NOTE---I had Radio Sai's symbol decorating this post, but it's gone now. Somehow I doubt it's the same people who deleted my ARTnews photo who did it, but I don't know why they would, seeing as how I'm basically giving free advertising to both of 'em... Sheesh!)

OM MANI PADME HUM...

No comments: