12.01.2005

CD Compilation: My Personal Early 70's Hit Parade

CD Compilation: My Personal Early 70's Hit Parade
I'm putting together a compilation CD of several songs that I liked a lot back in the early 70's (years 70-75, although some songs are from the 60's...if I listened to them a lot in the 70's, they meet the criteria).
"Liked a lot" is a bit of an understatement...these were the songs that I played the most during my early teen years.
It's a pretty diverse mix, I think you'll agree.

Volume 1:
1. Bloodrock "Breach of Lease"
2. Paul McCartney & Wings "Oh Woman Oh Why"
3. Creedence Clearwater Revival "Graveyard Train"
4. Van Morrison "Sweet Thing"
5. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band "Prodigal's Return"
6. Vanilla Fudge "The Sky Cried (When I Was a Boy)"
7. Barnstorm "Midnight Visitor"
8. Led Zeppelin "No Quarter"
9. Genesis "The Musical Box"
10. Bee Gees "A Man For All Seasons"
11. Yes "And You and I"

Volume 2
1. Faces "On the Beach"
2. John Lennon "It's So Hard"
3. Paul Revere & the Raiders "Ups & Downs"
4. Bachman Turner Overdrive "Sledgehammer"
5. Black Sabbath "Electric Funeral"
6.-8. Queen "Procession"/"Father to Son"/"End Piece"
9. Alice Cooper "Halo of Flies"
10. Deep Purple "Child In Time"
11. Grand Funk Railroad "Creepin'"
12. David Bowie "The Gospel According to Tony Day"
13. Emerson, Lake & Palmer "Tarkus"

Future volumes to come, featuring solid tracks from the likes of Electric Light Orchestra, the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons Project, Lou Reed, Mike Oldfield, The Doors, Bob Dylan, George Harrison, the New York Dolls and a whole lot more. I can't wait to make 'em.
I'm also considering doing up some liner notes and posting them here, featuring band photos and album covers.

There were several other songs that I listened to during those years between 70-75, but these just happened to be in my CD collection. And I'm not kidding when I say these are the songs that made up my life back then.
I'm also planning on doing a compilation of late 70's (75-79) Top Tracks. The list of songs I'd put on them is nearly as long as the one for the early 70's (early 70's has 52 entries and the late 70's has 35 entries...more than enough for a 3 CD set).

Let me know if you're familiar with them...leave me a comment and tell me what you think...

No comments: