10.21.2005

Some Photos to Share

While tinkering around in my Shutterfly account I came across a set of photos that I thought I would share with you today.



A photo from a peformance with my band HEAD (who later became King Tongue). This was at a club called Kelly's in Norman, Oklahoma where we played a couple of times. The audience was partial to our song "Freedom of Speech" and our cover of the Kiss classic, "Cold Gin". As usual, I'm sweatin' like Meat Loaf.



This was to be a promotional shot for HEAD, that's my brother Charles to my left and guitarist Gregg Dobbs to my right. Taken on some playground equipment at the elementary school.



Can't really see much in this promo shot, done the same day as the last one.



I like to call this one my "Tribute to the Boss: Bruce Springsteen". Clever, no? What with the acoustic guitar and the poster of Springsteen albums behind me, who could doubt that I'm a hardcore fan...



This is a shot of myself and S the year we met, 1989. We were married in 94. We've both changed quite a lot in the intervening 16 years and you wouldn't recognize us if you only had this picture to find us by.



Can't believe I was wearing those glasses! Even harder to believe I was acting like such a dork! You can't see it here, but the object of my perplexity in this photo is a Spanish olive I'd just fished from the jar. I don't know what got into me to make such a face, but I've long thought it very funny.



Same glasses, not too much later, but somehow pulling off a much cooler persona than the last picture. Don't ask me why, but I've always liked this shot of me, with the Springsteen t-shirt and the mussed-up hair and the expression that says "I'd rather be sleeping"... Sort of Keef Richards-ish, I've always thought, but that's just wishful thinking.



And one last photo to share...
This is me and a very good friend, Tristan Shutt, taken last year when TrisDogg showed up at the Blue Note (OKC, OK) to see me play a solo acoustic set then do a gig with the Mad Laugh. It was, in fact, snapped almost immediately after my successful solo set, and that is why I appear red as a lobster...I was hot and scorched from the stage lights. But, man, it was good to see Tristan. He and I got to know each other pretty well a few years ago when we travelled from central Oklahoma all the way to Denver Colorado to see Sigur Ros play at the Ogden Theater. A great show and an even more unforgettable journey with Tristan and a couple of other complanions. I have the great honour of having been the one to introduce Sigur Ros to Tristan, while I was working at the CD store, and he eventually became a HUGE fan.

No comments: