8.02.2005

Noon Already

It's noon already...I've been on this stupid computer for an hour and a half. It's at this point that my eyes begin to start burning and I become attuned to a subconscious voice that says "You're wasting precious time"...But I ignore it's wisdom and begin a post for this blog...
Not knowing what I want to say...
Wondering if I even have anything to say...
I see other people's blogs and I am fascinated with the ones that are brutally honest, with a no-holds-barred approach to revealing ANYTHING and EVERYTHING about the person doing the writing (masked by a bogus username or not). I feel inspired to do the same, but I cannot bring myself to be so transparent here.
Inspired by the PostSecret blog, I once created a blog using an alias username, for the purpose of confessing the bad stuff I've done in my 43 years. I dunno, maybe I was hoping that by doing so I could come to terms with residual guilt that I still harbor. But writing about my sins had the opposite effect, and I began to obsess about how wretched I was...I had to shut it down and get on my knees, pray to God that He would remind me of how I'd already confessed them to Him, that they'd already been forgiven, that the person who did those things is dead...
And I do believe that. I have to. I don't want to come off as fanatical, but Jesus Christ is my only hope. I've looked deep enough into myself to acknowledge the truth of that.

No comments: