3.22.2005

Tangerine Dream's Holistic Trippin' Mechanisms

Electronic Meditation by TANGERINE DREAM

In one of my more recent electronic meditations I found my spirit disconnected from my body long enough to get lost in a deep, dark sea of confusion. From a distance I could hear the sound of a fog-horn calling, screaming from it's belly for purpose.
My soul flittered and flopped like a fish just popped out of the water, from hither to yon and on and on, back and forth, up and down, here, there and everywhere. This is how it is when I'm immersed completely within my electronic meditations.
Waiting patiently for the day when electronic medications become a reality to compliment our electronic meditations. That will be the day when the world as we know it will cease to exist...that small push into a new definition of existance, facillitated and first imagined during a freemason's electronic meditations...we will find our souls tunneling through miles of cable to find rest in cyberspace, our memories preserved, our senses intact, our minds as sharp as ever they were, our intellect and reason a precious gift to the computer-generated construction that will have to substitute for flesh and blood as a home for YOU, just for now, until the Washing and the re-entry to begin it all again.

Electronic meditation # 38,786,453: The sky implodes around me, swirling through a vacuum that sucks the whole thing down into a hole in my head where I'd always pictured my "Third Eye" as being, now horrified to discover no eye whatsoever, only a portal to the other side of a deep abyss waiting to suck in and re-assemble the world, to regenerate with hacked changes the patterns left unrecognized and therefore capable of producing bliss. When it's all dragged down as deep as it can go, I'm left with nothing but what I've stuffed into my head the last 42 years.
And that had better be enough, someone said.
Electronic Meditation Tip-of-the-Day: Tangerine Dreams are only officially considered "Tangerine Dreams" when accompanied by the music of Tangerine Dream, preferably the freaked out early stuff, like Electronic Meditation.
So, like, check it out...The other day I'm driving down the road and there's this SUV in front of me. Nice looking set o' wheels if you ask me, but a gas guzzlin' son of a gun. Electronic Meditation is playing in the car stereo and I notice a sign on the back of the SUV that read: "Official Tribble Extermination Vehicle". Then I started thinking about how a friend of mine had defined human beings in general as "Glorified Pattern Recognition Machines (GPRMs)". I thought this was interesting enough, and I supposed that the GPRM driving the SUV in front of me was maybe just a little TOO much of a Star Trek fan. It was at this point that I made a concentrated effort to put some distance between myself and the SUV and to switch off the Tangerine Dream CD in the player before being completely overcome with the desire to wreck the car by forcing it into the next available telephone pole. Something about mixing electronic meditation with driving just did not mix well with me, that was all I could figure. So I tossed the CD out of the car...
...Where it landed on the side of the road, unharmed, and was noticed and picked up by the 86th driver to come upon it from behind me.
The person who snagged it put it in his CD player immediately, intrigued by a band calling themselves Tangerine Dream, and already infatuated with the concept of meditation enhanced by the use of electronics.
That was the last mistake he ever made...
The sounds assembled and sequenced by Mr. Froese and his Tangerine Dream co-horts were of such an eerie nature that the guy found himself totally freaking out as he drove down the highway, his eyeballs growing larger in their sockets, his nose dripping a flourescent pink snot. A nervous breakdown behind the wheel of his late model Chrysler Plymouth automobile with Pioneer CD player currently pumping electronic meditations to the public at large, or at least to those soon to be gathered round it's wreckage at the site of another telephone pole...

So, you say that Pink Floyd just ain't "out there" enough for you? Hawkwind leaves you high and dry? You say you're a rocket man burning out his fuse up there alone? You say you need some music that's gonna provide a suitable soundscape for the dark recesses of space you plan to explore in the coming months with your eyes closed? Well, my friend, you need yourself some Tangerine Dream, and more to the point, you need to get yo self the hook up to some electronic meditation. I think you'll find that enlightenment comes much quicker with this type of electronic meditation than with the standard nonstop chanting of "Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare" or even the powerful "Om Mani Padme Hum"...
And with your new sonically-enhanced enlightenment you will come to the realization that all the atrocities committed with electronics throughout the ages are finally and completely atoned for through the rainbow-washed dulcet tones of Tangerine Dream.

No comments: