3.23.2005

3.23.05 Playlist

Tonight I alphabetized my CD collection. It took about 4 hours from start to finish to organize 1,500 CDs, though I will admit that 1,000 were already in alphabetical order. The trick was getting the other 500 inserted into their proper places within the books.
While doing this chore I listened to the following:

Autechre Gantz Graf

One of Booth & Brown's more challenging pieces, I am very fond of the video of the title track (included on the DVD which comes packaged w/ this 3 song disc). Loses a bit of it's appeal without the visuals, but I haven't given it too many chances to work it's magic without them. Definately later-period Autechre stylings, only a bit more accessable than Confield.
The new Autechre album, Untilted is slated for an April 18th release, and since that IS my birthday, I know what I'll be listening to as I celebrate.


The Band Rock of Ages

Only played the second disc of the remastered version, which is full of performances from the concert that were never previously released, including some stellar tracks featuring Bob Dylan. Very good stuff.


Coldplay A Rush Of Blood To The Head

I'm not a huge Coldplay fan, but this album is excellent. I have their debut, Parachutes, but I never seem to want to listen to it. If ever I'm in the mood for this brand of post-modern guitar jangle I always pull out A Rush Of Blood..., and it never fails to get my head to bobbin', if you know what I mean. Most folks like to compare Coldplay to Radiohead, but I hear much more of a U2 influence throughout this album.

Okay...it's almost 3:00 in the morning and I have messed around with these blogs almost all day. I need to go to bed and try to get some sleep.

No comments: