2.01.2011

Music Video of the Week: Beethoven (Kempff)

A day early for the Music Video of the Week. I might as well blame it on the blizzard like conditions outside. But that won't do, because we're gonna be snowed in tomorrow anyway. Nowhere to go. There is, however, the chance, loath as I am to even mention it, that the power lines will be down, so I figured I might as well post today while I still have an idea of what exactly I want to feature this week.

The last few days I have been on a real Beethoven kick, and it seems as if the piano sonatas are the forms I keep returning to. By the time I'm done with it I hope to have a much greater appreciation of the great man's music. So here's the complete Moonlight Sonata as performed by Wilhelm Kempf.

1st movement:



2nd movement


3rd movement:

"Moonlight Sonata"
Ludwig Van Beethoven
(performed by Wilhelm Kempf)

No comments: