8.23.2010


Last Wednesday we went to an animal shelter and adopted a mini-pinscher for my son. He named him Sireeno. I've never seen a dog sleep as much as this one does. I was under the mistaken impression when we first got him that he was already house trained. Then I find out that the one who was "good to go" was a different one we were considering earlier. I don't know if I have the patience to potty train this dog. I've tried on other occasions and failed miserably. It's not an option this time. Our landlord is a hard ass about the carpets in this house, and to be honest I am, too. The wife is reading everything she can find on the Internet about the subject. She's relaying some of it to me, but I'm not too good at remembering that sort of thing.

One thing I have learned is that 10 week old puppy dogs make a LOT of noise in the night when they have to stay in their kennel. Good god, it's fucking ridiculous. I have never heard a more pathetic sound...and loud? You wouldn't believe such volume could come from such a small dog. It's getting on my nerves in a big way, but hey...what am I gonna do, right? I suppose it will get better with time, and I do really like this dog.

Remember how I said this dog likes to sleep?

No comments: