5.10.2010

Bambo moving to bandcamp

Since the DVD drive in my laptop bit the dust I haven't been able to access the loops on the Acid Studio disc. As a result I seem to have lost some inspiration. Oh, I can still make the free form stuff. I like to do that, but have been more in the mood to do something musical with it. As a result, I have not done much with the Bambo Syndicate lately.

That may soon change, when I break down and purchase an external drive (I don't think I can afford to replace the one inside the Vaio). Plus, I am excited about moving my main base of operations from garageband to bandcamp. Nothing wrong with garageband (usually, I should say), but the new one has one distinct advantage: stat reports. You have to pay for those on garageband. That sucks, and it's kind of a cheat to artists who use the site. I would have jumped ship a long time ago for that reason, but all of the other band site hosts I looked at had time limits of 4-5 minutes for all song uploads. Not so, bandcamp.

Even better, the service offers embeddable players for your individual songs and/or albums. I can share them instead of having to settle for sending a link to my garageband page...

I have not done anything with my site there, because I just found out about it a couple of hours ago. But I did upload one of my favorite Bambo tracks and I'll post it here. Of course I'll post a link as soon as I get it up and running. Hope you enjoy it...

<a href="http://thebambosyndicate.bandcamp.com/track/snow-white-8-ball">Snow White 8 Ball by The Bambo Syndicate</a>


No comments: