4.19.2010

For the last several days I have been in some serious pain. One of my upper back teeth has cracked or chipped or something along those lines. The points are extremely sharp and they are positioned in such a manner that they continually stab and jab at the skin directly behind it. After a couple of days it was so tenderized I could hardly chew and anything remotely spicy makes it burn. We've tried using that temporary dental paste, but it's useless because there isn't really a hole there, just two sharp fragments. I've only this evening begun sticking a cotton ball between the teeth and the skin...I wish I had done it a lot sooner. It does help, in that it keeps me from accidentally biting into the sore. That's been the real problem, it hasn't been given the chance to heal up because of the constant sticking. I will be calling a dentist tomorrow and with any luck I can have the tooth pulled before I develop a taste for Ensure.

Back in a more realistic state of mind after almost a week traveling the outer regions of inner space. Always a difficult transition, but not as bad as I can remember it being not all that long ago. But seeing as how I was on mental vacation it is no surprise that I've missed a few things. I've fallen behind in my reading...two books that I may never finish between these lost weekends and my failing vision.

Our neighbors to the east have moved out. The landlord's lackey's have been doing quite a bit of cleaning up, painting, fixing stuff that was broken during the previous tenants stay. They were pretty decent neighbors, I suppose. They never got too loud, minded their own business for the most part, didn't trash the place too much...Really can't ask for much more than that...Oh, they weren't very good about keeping the lawn mowed, but the guy was in the military and gone most of the time and his wife was taking care of their two kids, so it didn't bother me too much.

Should be getting my pre-ordered copy of Jonsi's album here in the next day or two. I thought it might be in the mail today, but no such luck. I have been enjoying the music a lot, but would like to have the official disc and not just my burned copy. Looking forward to watching the DVD, too.

I don't think there's much else I can think of to write about.

No comments: