2.01.2010

Here's a new video that's been released from Jonsi's camp. I can't say I'm too enamored of it. In fact, it's very hard to watch. Meaning "literally" as opposed to subject matter or what-have-you. You'll see why. Nevertheless, you can close your eyes and hear a very nice acoustic performance of a song I can only assume will be on the solo album set to be released in late March or early April. I've heard both dates mentioned, but who knows. They could surprise us and put it out tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty cool video, as far as "concept" goes.

Bethnal Green, London. January 28th, 2010 from Jónsi on Vimeo.


Sigur Ros' website reports that there will NOT be a new SR album this year. Orri and his wife just had a baby. Georgi and Kjartan also have young children to care for. I assume they will not be touring (and that SUCKS!). Jonsi will spend a month in the States promoting "Go", but the chances of him making a stop in Oklahoma are mighty slim. Maybe in Texas, but with finances the way they are now I don't think I'd be able to make the trip. Bad news all around, eh? Still, it's good to have something SR-related coming down the pike. Hopefully it will tide me over until next year.

No comments: