1.15.2010

Standing in line at the Golden Corral tonight and this guy behind us is talking about Haiti. He ends by saying, "Oh, it's not so bad there...I saw the pictures." Surely, I thought, the guy was only joking. But one look at him convinced me that this was not the case.

A couple of rows over an old lady choked on her food and was receiving the Heimlech manouver while those around her table rubber-necked. I thought how awful it would be if the procedure failed and the paramedics had to be called in. Having someone carried out of a restaurant on a stretcher would be enough to make anyone lose their appetite. Thankfully it all worked out just fine. She expelled the offending morsel and was well enough to walk out on her own accord.

The fog outside tonight is thicker than I've seen it in years.

I bought a gallon of "Best Choice" brand Extra Hot dill pickles a couple of days ago. Let me tell you, folks, they weren't lying when they called 'em "extra hot". Whooo, boy. My tongue throbs with pain by the time I'm 3/4ths of the way into one. I'm not even typically a huge "hot stuff" eater, but I love these suckers.

No comments: