10.26.2009

I went to the hospital this morning to have a few tests done. I'm not even sure what they are called...one of them is an "echo"...another involves taking pictures of my heart...Then there was the one where they monitored my blood pressure under stressful conditions. Sometimes they have the patient walk on a treadmill for a long time, speeding it up on an incline until a certain level of stress is reached. They can also simulate that stress by administering a drug. I wasn't given a choice...I had to use the drug.

People, let me warn you...this drug is a son-of-a-bitch. It made my upper legs and my ass tighten up, gave me a temporary headache and my heart accelerated like crazy. Which is exactly what it's supposed to do, but it's kind of jarring to have that feeling come over you without doing anything to bring it on. I think I would definitely have preferred running on the treadmill. But it only lasted for a couple of moments, and there's some kind of "reversal" drug that the tech administered. It worked well, and I wasn't tired at all when it was over. In fact, I felt a little giddy for a few moments. Too high a price to pay, though. I hope I never have to go through it again.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, it's been a long time since I was able to say this, but I have begun a new Acid music project. That's right, the Bambo Syndicate is gonna have a new song. It's another dark affair that will likely be lengthy. I plan on doing a lot of work on it, spending a good chunk of time on the production and mix down.

I've done something a little different on this one...a portion of the song will be made up of a spoken word section. It's a short story I wrote some while back, based on the lyrics to an old song, "Funk Daddy #6". Wrote and recorded that song in 1992 with Head...in fact, I think the recording of that one is on the Soundclick website, which can be accessed by clicking on the link provided on the sidebar of this very blog. It's a little creepy, and this aspect is not lost in the short story version. However, there is a bit of comic relief somewhere in the middle of that section.

No comments: