9.03.2009

Warty's coming up from Texas Friday night and I'll be heading up to the City Saturday afternoon to spend the day with him. It's been at least a year since I've seen the guy and I'm very much looking forward to it. Will be quite nice to hang out with one of a select few people I call "best friends". It sucks that he lives in Texas now, but he's doing very well for himself there, so I can't hold it against him for not wanting to stay in OK.

The last time he was in town we joined Freddy and a slew of friends and acquaintances for a cook-out that turned into a very festive occasion. I know I'll never forget it. That was the day I found out that my tolerance level was not quite as high as I thought it was. Or, to be more accurate, the tolerance level was probably as strong as it had ever been, but it was assaulted with forces so powerful that it didn't stand a chance. It is my hope that I'll be able to test that level again this coming Saturday. Unless things have changed drastically in those quarters the chances of that happening are probably between 90-100% of happening (and that's in the upper 90s).

I wish I could buy some guitar strings, for the ones on my wood are ancient and somewhat dull. But I'm hoping to be able to spend my money on other things that weekend.

This is going to be so good for me.

No comments: