7.29.2009

POPS on Route 66 in Arcadia, OK

Here are a few pictures I took the last time I was at Pops in Arcadia. Pops, if you don't know, is a restaurant on Route 66 that specializes in a variety of soda pops from all over the world. I don't know how many different kinds they have, but it's in the hundreds.

You can't really tell from this photo, but those are bottles of pop on the wall, which is made of solid glass. This is what you'll see when you first walk in. Lined with the stuff on both sides.

A view of the soda bar where the staff mixes custom flavors for customers.

A line of customers forms at the entrance waiting to be seated. You can only see two or three, but there were at least 20 behind them. I'll bet they were excited. I would have been if I were that age.

This shot gives you an idea of just how many soda pops that are available at Pops. The entire walk-in cooler is stocked to the gills with the stuff. You can see maybe 3 rows in this picture....there are at LEAST 5 more just like it. Amazing!

And finally, here are a couple of the "specialty brands" they have on hand. Even now I'm in the mood for a Fukola.

POPS is located at 660 W. Highway 66, Arcadia, OK, northeast of Oklahoma City, just east of Edmond. Check out their WEBSITE. Next time you're toolin' down Route 66 stop and check the place out. You won't regret it. Tell 'em I sent ya, and while you're there, pick me up a six pack of Rat Bastard.

No comments: