6.09.2009

This is what I recall of the day, now that it is almost done.

I can't remember what I did the first couple of hours after I got out of bed. No doubt I checked the computer for any activity on the few sites I keep up with on a daily basis...

Watched "Revolutionary Road" with the wife. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. There was a scene that kind of triggered a memory I have of when my mother walked away and left our family behind. I felt as if I would be justified if I hated her. I wasn't sure that I didn't.

Made a bowl of pasta salad to eat tomorrow. Just the boxed stuff, you know, the "Suddenly Salad" brand. Added some pepperoni, mozzarella, cheddar & parmesian cheeses, some extra Italian dressing...It's going to be tasty.

Read a good chunk of Robert Ludlum's "The Chancellor Manuscript". It's one of the books I picked up at the Library Book Sale. It's been several years since I've read anything by Ludlum. I like his style. Interesting stuff.

One of the music blogs that I have bookmarked posted a shitload of Gentle Giant albums. I've always thought I'd like their music. I mean, I have heard a couple of songs from them back when XM Radio had the Music Lab channel. I enjoyed them. So I downloaded the lot...well, except for the most recent one. Don't really know why I didn't get that one along with the others. Probably should have.

I decided to put the Gentle Giant albums on my mp3 player. It will give me a chance to "get to know them better", as it were. I also copied a box set of Ya Ho Wha discs to the player. It's called "God and Hair" and it clocks in at 13 CDs. Ya Ho Wha was the musical arm of the Source Family, which was basically a cult in the early seventies. The previous post is from a documentary about the Source Family and their spiritual leader who, as far as I know, only went by the name of Father. This is just the kind of stuff that I find fascinating.

Stacie grilled some angus steak burgers for dinner. Oh, so good. Trivial details: I ate them with Heinz 57 sauce (though I did put A-1 sauce on the first few bites...I ran out or I would probably have had some more...I like to use both kinds every time I eat steak). On the side I had baked beans and carrots. Wheat bread and Blue Bonnet rounded it off. To wash it down I had a half can of Dr. Pepper (that I was already drinking when dinner started) and a can of Dr. Pop (which is the Save-a-Lot store brand knock off of Dr. Pepper...and which, of course, tastes nothing like it). The steaks were excellent, as I had marinaded them in Head Country barbeque sauce over night.

We went to Sonic not too long after and I got a large vanilla malt (w/extra malt, as is my habit). Drove around town for a little bit. Malt could have been a little bit maltier, but I wasn't complaining. At least it had malt in it...many's the time I ordered a malt and got a shake. I hate milkshakes. If there's no malt in it, I don't want it. And this one was a little thin. I don't like 'em too thick, but this one could have had a little more consistancy.

I set my StumbleUpon to the "mental health" topic...I only recently added it. Don't know why it took me so long. Some very interesting material there. I do get tired of people who insist that people who have bipolar disorder are geniuses and more creative than other people. That's bullshit. Take it from someone who knows. I don't think I learned anything I didn't already know while stumbling the topic, but I'll keep looking.

No comments: