4.03.2009

I have really been in the mood to write, but my damn wrist is still hurting. Not as much as it was a few days ago but enough to where I can tell it will flare back up if I type a lot. I thought, for awhile, that it might be carpal tunnel. Who knows, it may be. But it seems to be more on the back of the hand and the pinky finger than the wrist. The ring finger hurts, too, and I have no doubt it's because I have to press the backspace key so much. Hell, that could be the whole problem, right there. Could be posture, hand placement, just plain inexperience with keyboarding. Who knows? I guess it would be best if I let it rest for a while longer.

I did want to tell you that I watched the "new" Charlie Kaufman film, "Synechode New York" (new to DVD). I rented it on the strength of Kaufman and Philip Seymour Hoffman, both of whom have rarely disappointed. It's a very difficult, demanding movie. I kept waiting for some kind of resolution, a point where everything came together and made it all make sense...but I don't that really happens in this film. To an extent it does, but there's too much going on to make for a tidy ending. I wasn't sure I liked it, even up to about the 2/3rds mark. But when it was over I decided I should see it again before coming to any definitive viewpoint. I'm inclined to say that, yes, I really do like it. And I have a feeling I will really enjoy it by the time the second screening is over. Might even like to own it. Fuckin' Charlie Kaufman. Why is he so good?

No comments: