3.01.2009

Music Video of the Week: New Fast Automatic Daffodils

"Stockholm"
New Fast Automatic Daffodils

I'm going to post the Music Video of the Week a couple of days early. No particular reason other than I am on a serious New FADs kick right now. If memory serves it took me a little while to cotton to this video when it was in heavy rotation of MTV's 120 Minutes back in the mid Eighties. A little too much of the Happy Mondays sound that I wasn't fond of back then. But I couldn't help but notice that they bore a resemblance, vocally if nothing else, to Joy Division. As such I was required to listen more closely. They're albums have been out of print for some time but I was lucky enough to find them on an mp3 music sharing blog. They've been in repeat mode ever since, replacing, for the time being, the Renaldo & the Loaf discs I retrieved several days ago.

This is the only video of "Stockholm" I could find on YouTube, and I'm afraid it's been chopped off at the end. But you get the idea.

No comments: