3.07.2009

"High"

Fetal I lie in the electric light
Curled and breathing heavy
I lost track of time
Listen, said I
And the sounds I picked from the air
Chose the ones to my liking
Let the rest float over my head
Who was I to say?
What made me think I could do this?
Dangerous ground I tread on now
My consciousness poured through every pore in my body
Lost all track
Of time or trouble or what it means to be cogent
Just let it wash over
Let it cleanse
Let it purify and massacre thought
Let it guide me into paths of possibility
But not those foggy streets
I know what's happening
I've been here before
It terrifies me, I know they're floating over me
They make their plans to comfort me
To be of some assistance
Ease my swollen eyleds down
Locked now forever or for a couple of hours
Whichever comes first
Who can I tell?
How can I tell it?
Will they understand?
I have no words, none to be found right for the job
If this is a vision of the seventh heaven
I don't want to go there
I don't want to come back

No comments: