12.16.2008

You know, that Paul McCartney character is really something else, Did you know that he was a huge dope smoker? Oh, it's true. Probably is to this day. Nothing wrong with that, mind you. But really should be clarified up front and in an appropriate manner that McCartney could more than hold his own with the likes of Snoop Doggy Dog, Cheech & Chong and even Bob Marley on a good night.

He once got busted in Japan for carrying something like an ounce of weed. It was in the news for a little while. I'm probably leaving out an essential detail...the one that gives reason for this particular pot bust to go down in history. Was it because he was in Japan and the justice system over there is, to say it politely, not extremely fond of Western tourists, even former Beatles, one would think.

But who knows, who knows? Certainly not I. Not me. I've no knowledge or understanding on that point whatsoever. I want nothing to do with it. I've just told you more that you needed to be told right then and there. I just thought that it cannot be presumed that everyone knew a lot about the Beatles like I do. But I should recognize the fact that I am getting older and my musical knowledge bank is becoming a more valuable resource than I give it credit for being. Beatles lore is simply not as "in demand" as it has been in the past. Still, guess I should be grateful that I can always look forward to the revivals that come around every four or five years. That's when folks interested in the Fab Four gets piqued to an intense degree. And I got what they want and I got what they need and what they REALLY NEED to know is that Bob Dylan is the one who turned those guys on to marijuana. They all became serious potheads for several years after that. Dylan always gets the killer bud, so it's no surprise that the addictive reaction manifested itself so quickly on the lads.

To the best of my knowledge, and as I would have it, Jesse McCartney is no relation to Sir Paul.

No comments: