12.03.2008

Yesterday was my son's 14th birthday so we were going to take him out for dinner. He could choose the place. Initially he didn't want to go anywhere. He wanted his mom to make some lasagna, but there wasn't really enough time for that so he decided on Pizza Hut, where he could get one of their pasta dishes that he likes so much.

That was fine with me. I love Pizza Hut. Just as long as we don't go to either of the ones in Shawnee that I've boycotted. There's one in Seminole that we've never had any problems with, so that's where we went.

He ordered his pasta. The wife and I decided to share a pizza and I got a salad to go with it. My wife doesn't like the salad bar at Pizza Huts. She says they don't have a very good selection. Which may well be the case, but they do have the absolute best ranch dressing in the universe. I don't normally eat ranch dressing but I drench my salad with it when I'm there. I see it this way: as long as they have lettuce and that awesome ranch dressing they've got a good salad bar. Needless to say, my wife disagrees.

We didn't order an appetizer, but it wasn't too long before the pizza arrived. We began eating, thinking that Bryan's pasta was on the way. But by the time we'd finished a slice each his dish had still not arrived.

Anyway, to make a long story short, it was quite some time before my wife finally asked the waitress if his food was ready. She checked on it, then came back and told us she had accidentally neglected to enter the order into the computer. She apologized. None of us were in the mood to make too big a deal out of it. She asked him if he still wanted it. He was hungry. He said "Yes" and she said it would be about 8 minutes. She apologized some more.

I guess you just can't get good service at ANY Pizza Hut anymore. I don't think we'll out and out boycott this one like I did the ones in Shawnee. It appeared to be an honest mistake, whereas the last time I was at the Shawnee location it was evident that the cooks were fucking around. I wasn't too happy about it, especially as it was Bryan's birthday. But we got fed, so that's saying something. And the food was good, as it always is at Pizza Hut.

No comments: