12.18.2008

A "Some Bizarre Show" music video reconstruction

You hardly, if ever, see anything about the "Some Bizarre" show anywhere anymore. Even in the seemingly infinite world of the Internet. I fear that this awesome program, one of the original "USA Night Flight"'s regular features, will be consigned to forgotten history.

I hope not, though. Maybe someone will get some full episodes to post on YouTube. For now, though, you'll have to use your imagination in pieceing together the following videos, all of which I remember being shown on the same edition of "Some Bizarre". They are incredibly original (some even disturbing) in their own right. But their true power lay in the way they were presented on the program. I wish I could remember it well enough to describe it. I doubt you've seen anything like it or ever will.

Here are the videos from that one unforgettable show, though I've been unable to reconstruct them in chronological order.


Foetus Flesh "Stumbo"


Soft Cell "Frustration"


Test Dept. "Total State Machine"


Cabaret Voltaire "Sensoria"


Renaldo & the Loaf "Songs for Swinging Larvae"


Marc Almond "You Have"


Einsturzende Neubauten "Autobahn"

1 comment:

pajkossy said...

Thank you for putting this post together. If not for the Some Bizarre Show, I would not be the person I am today. I think I can say that in total honesty. The artists featured on that show absolutely changed my life.