12.12.2008

It's hard to believe, but the Bambo Syndicate's "Take You to Hell" is STILL getting reviews at Garageband. Good ones, at that!


These voices from crackertown USA never had it so good until they were embedded in a sparkling electric sound bed of pure ethereal wonder; and we feel like gods looking down through the crystal air of the universe ant the grand mortal drama, seeing them build, glory, damage, decay, and ultimately, fall into oblivion. I always wonder, in these imaginary worlds that some godforsaken genius somewhere manages to contrive, how and why the subject of good and evil becomes so prominent; and I keep wondering until the end, when I hear the random cry again I DON'T CARE!!! The mood is both bleak and hopeful, the mix is impeccable, and it sounds like Melted Rubber Humans.



Okay...a little bit Lester Bangish there, but the important thing is that the guy seemed to "get it" and sincerely appreciate it.

The song is currently perched at #29 on the Experimental Rock chart, which is actually UP a couple of notches since last week. It's best ranking was #25 and I thought it would hit the downhill slide long before now, but it looks like it has more staying power than I first thought.

I do think it's one of my better works, but I could have made it a lot better if I had as firm a grasp then of how the Acid studio works as I do now. Once again, I offer a link to any and all who would like to hear this masterpiece of modern music making:


No comments: