11.20.2008



You can always find interesting stuff at the Sigur Ros Management tour blog. Example: it's where I got the video of the boys tooling around on their new bicycles a couple of weeks ago. Now, from that venerable source once again, I bring you this scene from a side stage at the Bonaroo festival earlier this year. Apparently these four women, joined together collectively as a dance troupe, have put together an expressive routine based upon Sigur Ros "Glosoli" (which may well be my all-time favorite song of theirs).

What can I say? It's an earnest attempt. Very unique. Somewhat minimalistic. You'd think the grandeur of the song would require something just a little more elaborate, but you work with what you've got, right?

For all that, I enjoyed watching these ladies and their post-modern ballet. The camera angle here is off. I can tell that the end section would be a lot more effective if the point of view had been from front and center. But what the hey? It's Bonaroo, right? It's not as if everyone there doesn't have AT LEAST a contact high. Some nitro charged Phish fan may well have seen God on the stage as the quarter pirouetted.

No comments: