11.07.2008

Little League Hero: "All at Once"



Hey! I know these guys!

Didn't know they had a music video on YouTube, though, or it would have been "Music Video of the Week" a long time ago.

Band's called Little League Hero and they're all just the greatest, nicest bunch of people you could meet. Kyle, the vocalist on this particular song, is also an avid IDM enthusiast who has (had?) a side project called OIDA. James, the guitarist, the last I heard, had either gotten through the police academy or was almost there. Yep. He's gonna be a cop. The drummer, Digsy, is a new father, if my sources are to be trusted. Mike Watt, who plays the bass here, is probably the most animated bassist I've ever seen.

I'll never forget the night I bombed at VZD's and Watt gave me the twenty bucks he'd made because he thought I deserved it more than he did (at least that's what he said that night). I didn't want to take it, but he repeatedly insisted, so eventually I did. It wasn't but a couple of hours later and he comes up to me and asks for it back. Which probably doesn't come off as funny in describing it here as it was when it happened. You've got to know Watt. You had to have heard the profusion of compliments he made when "foisting" the money on me. It sounds like I'm being immodest, but the fact of the matter is that he loves me...he himself would say he idolizes me as a musician, songwriter, my taste in music etc...don't ask me why, I definitely don't think of my own self as highly as he does...so you can maybe see why I found it so hilarious that he would ask for his money back after all that.

Anyway, that's a legendary story.


No comments: