10.01.2008

Okay, I didn't have time to say anything about the comment I received yesterday, but now I'd like to respond.

The comment (which was made on THIS POST):

"this is not of god...what are you doing on daystars space /////unbelieveable cruelty..."---Anonymous

First of all, WHAT is not "of God"? The post? The whole blog? What do you mean by "of God"? Not saying that it is, but if it's not, then why not? What are the qualifications of being "of God"? What God? Whose God? Am I to be chastised for writing a blog that is "not of God"? Have I failed in my commission from the Almighty? It's a PERSONAL BLOG, for Christ's sake. It's meant to be a reflection of ME, what I am, what I enjoy, what I'm doing...it's certainly not a public relations vehicle for the Lord. How many blogs out there in cyberspace do you consider to actually be "of God"? Why should they be?

Perhaps you got the wrong impression from my "About Me" blurb. I'll be changing it today so that zealots like yourself will not get a false impression of what I am doing here. But before I do, let me try to explain what I mean with it:

~~~God experiences ALL through ALL that He is and ALL that He has created. This blog is my journal of the microscopic portion of ALL that He experiences through me.~~~

I think that it should be obvious here that I am not speaking of the God that the Daystar crew promotes (since you name-dropped them I will assume that your point-of-view is somewhat aligned with theirs). The "God" I believe in is both creator and created, and as such he experiences himself through his creation. That's why he created us. He is ONE. ONE cannot experience itself because there is no point of reference for which it can do so. God's will was/is to experience himself/herself. He is in everything because he IS everything. When I say that this blog is just a little bit of what he experiences through me that's exactly what I mean. Anyone who writes a personal blog is doing the exact same thing: sharing their little slice of what he experiences through them. For some reason we have a desire to publish our thoughts/opinions on the Internet where there is a chance that many people will read them.

Okay...now I want to know what is "daystars space"? How did I get here? Trust me, I'd rather not be in "daystars space" and if that's where I am then I hope someone will come along to get me the hell out of here.

Perhaps you are thinking of the "stories" I've posted using certain Daystar celebrities in fictional situations. Or maybe even the posts where I criticize the religious snake charmers who pander their crack pot doctrines on networks like theirs and TBN, etc. Regardless, I am completely in the dark as to how I've written anything that might be considered as "unbelievable cruelty". Yeah, I've been sarcastic. I've been negative about some things. But CRUEL??? I'm sure I'll never hear from you again, but it would be nice to know where I've been cruel. Just like I'd like to know why my blog should be "of God"...not to mention how the fuck I wound up on daystar's space. Trust me, if I was on daystar's space Joni would not be with the Daystar Singers this afternoon. She'd be in her snazzy dressing room with me, locked in a passionate embrace, laughing at her effeminate husband and groovin' to Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing".

No comments: