10.31.2008

I gave it a bit of thought and decided that it was the right time to do something different with this blog. Not just in the layout, but in the overall purpose as well.

I do a lot of Stumbling these days, as I imagine most everyone who has the Internet does. The novelty has worn off somewhat since I first began, but I don't think that accounts for all the crap I see floating around in cyberspace. Cartoons and jokes that aren't the least bit funny. "Humorous" signs that have obviously been generated at one website or another. Photoshopped stuff presented as if it were the real deal. Cats, cats, cats (what is it about the Internet and cats?). Motivational and De-motivational posters everywhere you turn, nary a one even the slightest bit funny.

Now it may sound like I'm a bitter, unsatisfied Stumbler. But no, that is not the case. Wading through all the shit makes it even more delightful when I come across something truly interesting, inspiring, entertaining and/or genuinely worth a laugh. I understand that it is all matter of taste and nothing more. I have my own tastes, and I don't expect the World Wide Web to cater to them alone (though it would be nice).

So what I want to do is collect some of the websites, videos, photos, links, etc. that have really caught my eye. Believe it or not, I do have standards when it comes to the stuff I want to offer here. I would hope that it all would reflect an aspect of myself that I don't mind sharing with whoever happens to stumble upon this blog.

I don't plan to stop writing here. I hope to continue in the same vein as before, with "journal" type entries, silly stories, reviews, songs, prose, whatever I happen to come up with. I have no way of knowing when my Muse will return, but she's been absent for awhile. Even so, I've wanted to keep the blog regularly updated so that is another reason for the slight change in direction.

A major change is the absence of the Sigur Ros jukebox...no, wait...it was the WORLD FAMOUS SIGUR ROS JUKEBOX, none like it to be found anywhere else in the galaxy. I ditched it because I eventually came to the conclusion that, as cool as it looked, it was too unweildy and took up way to much space in the header. Add to that the fact that there were so many errors popping up and Project Playlist was down so often that it became too frustrating. So I've replaced it with something I hope you'll like better (I know I do). It's a neat little widget from Last FM that basically plays only artists from my Last FM library (it would take way too long to explain how that all works, but it's a lot of fun and you should check it out and utilize it yourself.) You'll still hear your fair share of Sigur Ros, without a doubt, but in addition there will be a plethora of other artists and musical styles that are, believe it or not, part of my musical universe.

I only know of two or three folks who visit regularly (good thing I'm not in it for lots of traffic, in't?). To you I say thanks for your interest. I hope you continue to peruse (...69...) and that you enjoy the "makeover".

No comments: