9.12.2008

Yet another Bambo Syndicate Acid project is in the works. I've been messing around with this new one for 3 or 4 days now and it's coming along nicely. Since I finished my last one I have learned a few new tricks. I can now pan and set volume levels from within events. I've known that this was possible for a long time but never could figure it out until a few days ago. This will allow me to do a lot of things that I've wanted to do for awhile, and will make it a lot easier on me, seeing as how I've been known to duplicate tracks and a whole lot of other stuff to acheive stereo panning on particular instruments, etc.

The new one hasn't got a name just yet. Once again I'm using "found sounds", and I imagine that will be my niche for some time. So far on this one I've got a few clips from radio talk show host Roy Masters and Champ Means, a guy I used to know a long time ago...both of whom were/are a few cards shy of a full deck. The Masters clips are cut from a recent broadcast of his "Advice Line" program. Champ's bits were recorded about 15 years ago on a night when he was very likely high as a kite on some drug or another. He was doing some off-the-cuff Jim Morrison style poetry. I'm sure he thought he was being profound. Alas, he was not. Evidence of which will be found on this piece of music I am currently composing.

Not sure when I'll get it up on Garageband, since I'm not even really sure when it will be completed. Sometimes I think it's ready to be mixed down but then I'll have another idea for something else. I don't want it to be too "busy" or cluttered, but I think there is plenty of room for a few more samples cultivated from sources other than Roy and Champ. I've been looking all over the Internet for stuff I can use, but a lot of sites that have WAV files require some kind of plug-in that I don't have. I even downloaded the Quick Time player because one of them said I had to have it to get the clips. Then it still wouldn't let me download them. I'll try again but I will not install anything else on this computer unless I know exactly what it is, what it does and whether or not it's safe.

No comments: