9.13.2008

Whilst "stumbling" this afternoon I happened upon a veritable treasure trove of live Sigur Ros mp3s. They're on an ftp server that can be found at the official site, so I'm surprised that I didn't find them any sooner. Sooner or later, it makes no difference. I've got a ton of downloading to do. There are a LOT of shows there but I was mildly disappointed that neither of the concerts I attended were represented. The New York show that took place 3 or 4 days after the KC show is available, and that's about as close as it's gonna get.

We watched a DVD earlier that I'd rented because I thought my wife would like it. It looked to be right up her alley. "Mother Ghost" it was called. It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The premise looked good...a man finds psychological catharsis as a guest on a "Dr. Laura" type radio show as his disgruntled wife and distant father listen in unawares...it might have worked in the hands of a P.T. Anderson. As it was, I didn't catch the director's name, and I'm sure he's happy about that (if he has a realistic understanding of the dreck he's served up). Characters were weak. Acting was awful. I could say more, but I'd just as soon forget the whole thing. Avoid at all costs.

No comments: