8.28.2008

I bought myself a coconut a couple of days ago. I buy one every few years to see if I like them or not. I'm forgetful that way. So, not having a whole lot of experience in cracking them open I turned to the Internet for some practical help. I found this instructional video on YouTube and I wanted to share it with you. Not that you've got a coconut lying around and you don't know how to get it open...not that it's such a complicated procedure...for all I know, you may hate coconuts. No matter...you'll still enjoy this clip. Just wait until the lady in the video makes the cracking strike and the water drains into the bowl. The audience gets so excited when that happens you'd think someone had just given birth. A bit of an over-reaction, to be sure. I don't know if it's the actual halving of the nut that wows them to such an ecstatic degree or if it's the sight of all that juice that explodes from within it's hard container into the cruel world where it will share one of two fates: it will be swallowed by a man or a woman who appreciates it, or it will be washed down the drain with all the other fluids deemed, for whatever reason, to be worthless. Anyway, it's only about a minute long, so enjoy.

No comments: