7.06.2008

I do not understand your language

I don't speak your language
but I'm trying and I'm trying and I'm trying
not to giggle as the sound of the words you're makin'
but I ain't understanding a goddamn thing
it's like we live in different worlds
yeah, we live in different worlds, an infinity away

I don't understand you
I don't understand why you make me do the things that I do and if not for you for you if not for you it's not
I don't understand you
I never bothered to teach myself your language
and now we're at loggerheads

it's got to be a few blocks away
someone is popping firecrackers left over
from the glorious spectacle of fireworks
the day before, the day before
yesterday, today, the day before

they had gathered together to make plans
guppy lost his marbles
it all became too much, would fall apart at the touch
but plans were made far in advance
You've nothing to worry about, guppy
Your marbles are safe
In the strong arms of a carpenter
Gripped by hands blistered and bleeding
The hammer strikes the nails and a door is made
His door, his muscles, his hammer
His hammer blows that rip his skin, tear and bleed water
oh, no, dear guppy, your marbles are as safe as if they were in your own front pocket

This is so much gibberish to me
There are parts of my brain that do not work anymore
What am I supposed to do about it?
It's all in the moment...I don't miss a thing in the moment
Except the articulate glossolalia coming from your mouths
I have explained this on countless occasions e're we came to this pass
You seem not to be listening when I say
"I do not understand you.
I do not understand your language."
You are as impossible to fathom as the depth of the ocean

guppy had some marbles
guppy had some cash

No comments: