7.16.2008

The day has finally arrived. My Social Security disability back pay check came today. Got a lot of things I needed, and I'll be able to pay back some loans that I had to take out when times were tough.

Went to Oklahoma City and bought a truckload of new clothes. There's this store at Crossroads Mall called Steve & Barry's...everything there is $8.98. It looks like quality merchandise, so I got a lot of stuff. A visit to Borders, but there wasn't anything there I absolutely HAD to own. I just got my "Complete Conversations With God" in the mail Monday and the only things I really want are the other Walshe books. I figure I can wait until I read the original "Conversations" again before I start buying the other ones. Besides, my wife doesn't like for me to have anything to do with them, as they played a role in an episode I experienced a few years ago. Oh well...I enjoy them, and they are extremely thought provoking, so I'll take my chances.

Had dinner at Pancho's Mexican Buffet, which I have always enjoyed...until now. It was not very good at all. The MSG was so strong it was ridiculous.

Then we went to Best Buy for the major purchases...a nice Plasma TV and the lap top I am writing this post on. It's Vista, which I have heard lots of negative things about...we shall see. I think it will take me a while to get used to it. If it gets too frustrating I'll just rip it out and install XP. It seems you just can't get lap tops at a lot of places that don't use Vista.

So there you are. I imagine you'll be seeing a lot more posting from me in the future, as I'll have immediate access to this contraption and will likely spew out whatever comes to me, as it comes. Can't vouch for the quality of future musings...

No comments: