6.22.2008

Yesterday, when I went to the convenience store to get gas for the lawn mower, there was this woman standing outside, near the door, smoking. I pumped almost 4 dollars to fill up a one gallon gas can. For whatever reason, she watched me the whole time. I had to avoid her stare as I put the gas can in the back seat of the car.

I went in and paid for the gas, and as I walked back out to my car she said, "It looks like you're going to do some lawn mowing of weed-eating, huh?"

I said, "No, I'm gonna take this gallon of gas, pour it in my truck and drive to it to Dallas."

Just like one of those "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions" features I used to love in MAD magazine. I honestly thought she would get the humor in it, but she appeared to be insulted. Which made me wonder...did she just have absolutely no sense of humor or am I really such a prick?

It could go either way.

No comments: