6.19.2008

Bob Larson hams it up with Satan

A week or two I blogged about Bob Larson, the rock and roll hating, demon chasing exorcist who has a new series scheduled for October, 2008, on the Sci-Fi network, "The Real Exorcist". Today I was on YouTube looking for exorcism videos. I was actually searching for footage of Roy Masters, whose meditation exercise I once practiced (to my detriment, IMO), and who has a reputation for doing exorcisms at his ranch in Grant's Pass, Oregon. Instead, I found several installments of what I take to be an introductory episode of "The Real Exorcist". There are 5 parts, they are very high quality and I assume that, joined together, they make up the show in it's entirety.

Two words immediately came to my mind when I first watched these: BIZARRE and RIDICULOUS. This is going to be one hell of a comedy series, maybe the best one ever shown on Sci-Fi. It may even be the funniest show of all time. In a sad way.

Billed as a "reality show", somehow I doubt it. Larson may not be acting, but I guarantee he loves that camera. I'll bet he's ecstatic to finally have an audience bigger than the ones the religious networks can give him. The only thing "real" about this series is the instability of it's star's mental status.

No doubt he's also hamming it up, loving every minute of it, because it virtually guarantees that millions of dollars that will pour into the coffers of his Spiritual Freedom Church International (Inc.!!!!!!!!!). As the abundance of quack televangelists will attest, and as P.T. Barnum so eloquently put it, "There's a sucker born every minute."









1 comment:

gabby24777 said...

Hello!!!

well here is MY personal experience with Bob Larson and his NEW reality series,,it was originally sold to the UK but was cancelled so it then was resold to the SCI FI CHANNEL????? wow,,I was TOLD it was not going to be aired in the US!! anyways,,here is what he did to ME!!!!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LODzz8ZMNuQ&feature=PlayList&p
=5251E986A4D1740C&index=0&playnext=1

MTY INTERVIEW

www.youtube.com/gabby24777 for any comments

ty